In the height of festival wedding season, I am truly in my happy place and with lots of the major festivals kicking-off imminently, the inspiration out there for brides-to-be is rife.
Every year without fail, there is one burning question my brides want the inside scoop on…exactly how do you perfect the natural-earthy look with makeup?
Like all good headline acts, I give the crowd what they want, so here is my guide to show-stopping natural makeup for the festival bride. I work with two major brands to achieve this, award-winning Charlotte Tilbury and Tarte products. Both ranges are cruelty-free and vegan-friendly:
- Start by applying a base to cleansed/dry skin. CMA recommends: Charlotte Tilbury Wonderglow primer
- While leaving the base to settle, begin etching your eyebrow lines out using a brow pencil, and then neatly carve them out using a concealer. CMA recommends: Charlotte Tilbury Retoucher & Brow Lift in Super Model
- Apply a pressed powder all over the eyelid to seal the base on your eyes. CMA recommends: Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Finish
- Begin adding earthy-tone colours to your eyelids, CMA recommends: tarte tartelette Amazonian clay matte palette. Start with a layer of Natural Beauty and blend out fully, before applying Best Friend shade to the middle section of your lids and blending this out. To intensify the outer corners, use a darker shade such as Bombshell and blend again for a perfectly precise shadowing effect.
- For a natural-look lash extension, CMA recommends: Eylure Naturals No. 031. Alternatively, enhance your eyes with a killer mascara – CMA recommends: Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes Volume 2
- You can now focus on the rest of your face, starting with foundation. CMA recommends: Magic Foundation by Charlotte Tilbury. Using a blending brush, ensure you have fully blended all over before neatly adding a layer of the Airbrush Flawless Finish powder.
- Make your cheeks subtly pop with a cool pink blusher such as Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic: Love Is the Drug, using the lighter shade on the apples of your cheeks and the darker colour in the middle of the pallet to deepen. Blend this out to your desired effect.
- Using a highlighter, trace the outer edge of your brow bone and the very tops of your cheeks. CMA recommends: Charlotte Tilbury Hollywood Beauty Light Wand
- For a touch of contouring, delicately work your way around the outer perimeter of your face. CMA recommends: Charlotte Tilbury Filmstar Bronze & Glow Face Sculpt
- For the final step, lightly line around your lips before filling in with your preferred shade of colour to make those luscious lips pop. CMA recommends: Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat Pillow Talk matte revolution lipstick with accompanying liner pencil
And you are ready to make your grand entrance! This stunning natural look will give long-lasting coverage for your festival wedding day, so all you need to focus on is being the star of the show.
Enhance your festival goddess look with my award-winning bridal hair services:
And check back here soon for my next #SummerFeels series blog.
Bye for now,
Love Kerry x
Cambridge Makeup Artist