Flowers are such an important component of a wedding and they will set the tone and theme for your entire day. Whether you’re just going for a simple bouquet and buttonholes, or decorating your whole venue, choosing the right flowers can feel like a mountain to climb!
I’ve worked with plenty of suppliers during my time as a wedding makeup and hair artist in Cambridge, and am always taken aback at how much work goes into the beautiful displays. I’ve picked up a few tips over the years and have gathered some inspiration for the best flowers to complement your spring wedding.
- Daffodils – not just the bright yellow stems we know and love, Daffodils also come in delicate creams and corals (remember the Pantone Colour of the Year?)
- Peonies – a firm contender for weddings, and even Meghan Markle’s favourite, this blush bloom is perfect for a spring wedding
- Tulips – heralding the warmer weather with splashes of colour, this flower is the one for the bolder bride
- Hyacinths – a wonderful choice for the spring bride, and an extra element of a beautiful scent
- English Garden Roses – also available in many hues, English Roses are a classic, lovely for a traditional and elegant wedding
As mentioned, I work with several suppliers, but there are three in particular that really stand out to me for their elegant, breaktaking bridal floristry.
Flowers by Suzanne Randell (flowersbysuzannerandell)
Suzanne has over 15 years’ experience in the wedding flower industry. Based in Cambridgeshire, Suzanne and her team create romantic, classic designs. She works with fantastic colour and texture to fully complement the style and feel of the ceremony and venue.
Amie Bone Flowers (amieboneflowers)
Amie specialises in styling luxury weddings and high profile events. Her lavish use of colour ensures each of her weddings is one-of-a-kind.
Larkspur Floral Design (larkspur_floral_design)
A bespoke floral design service, Bridget at Larkspur Floral Design specialises in weddings and events. Creating distinctive flower designs, Bridget’s vision for its naturally elegant weddings are to be: chic, textured, abundant and romantic.
Which flowers will you choose for your special day?