Cambridge Makeup Artist’s #SummerFeels Hair & Beauty Series: Making waves – how to perfect the ultimate boho beach waves
I recently asked my Facebook followers if they’d like to know my top rustic wedding venue recommendations, or a how to guide to creating perfect beach waves. A massive 76% asked for the tutorial and with increasing popularity for this tantalisingly-tousled look for summer brides, I thought I’d share my DIY guide in my first #SummerFeels blog.
- Wash and condition hair as per your normal routine and prior to drying, apply some Heat Protect Spray and a little mousse to give your hair some textured grip. CMA recommends: ghd Heat Protect Spray and ghd Total Volume Foam
- Rough dry your hair, no need to straighten
- Using your styling wand, start rolling sections of hair to create your waves leaving the ends out for that extra carefree look. Top Tip: avoid going in the same direction with your waves if you want to rock a slightly dishevelled look. CMA recommends: ghd CURVE® CREATIVE CURL WAND
- Once you’ve waved all of your hair, gently run your fingers through to relax into the perfect style. Or for added volume, tease your hair with a good backcombing brush. CMA recommends: Head Jog
- Give your hair a good all-over blast with a decent spray. CMA recommends: TRESemmé Freeze Hold Hairspray for wedding day perfect peace-of-mind
- Top Tip: If you have very soft or fine hair that tends not to hold well, add a little dry shampoo for extra finish. CMA recommends: Kevin Murphy Doo.Over for its gorgeous subtle scent
And there you have it! Beautiful beach waves in six simple steps.
Perfect your boho goddess look with my award-winning makeup services:
For more inspiration to help you plan the day of your dreams, visit:
And check back here soon for my next #SummerFeels series blog!
Bye for now,
Love Kerry x
Cambridge Makeup Artist