TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Any and all bookings taken shall be at the discretion of Cambridge Makeup Artist (“CMA“).
- A booking shall be secure only once CMA is in receipt of the requisite 25% deposit, there shall be no provisional bookings
- Bride hair & makeup can only be carried out on the day with a completed trial run, exceptions to this would be if you live outside of the UK
Between the months of May-September there is a minimum person booking of 3A Surcharge will be payable if part of the booking is cancelled between these months of the year
- Between Christmas/ New year and bank holidays an additional day rate of £100 will be applied
- Acceptance of the quotation with CMA and our artists are full and final. Any attempts for reduction in the bridal party numbers after the booking will not be accepted. No refunds or reduced invoice’s shall be offered.
- The person making the booking shall be held responsible for full and final settlement of the total amount payable to CMA
- Any and all deposits received by CMA at the time of booking are non-refundable. The deposit is to secure the date for the delivery of the assignment and the preparation time required to deliver the assignment. (being an approximation of the value of services already rendered) and CMA shall (where the value of the services already delivered to the client is greater then the value of the deposit) be entitled to be paid additionally for all services delivered to the client up to that point. CMA will not be liable for any additional losses incurred by the client in such circumstances.
- There is a 14 day ‘cooling off period’ at the time of booking
- Any outstanding balance payable in relation to a booking shall be paid to CMA no later than 4 weeks prior to the wedding date. CMA shall provide an invoice detailing any such outstanding balance
- All trials take place at Cambridge Makeup Artist’s studio unless otherwise stated
- Weekends are exclusive to weddings, there are no Saturday or Sunday appointments for trials available due to the nature of CMA business
- Payment for the trial shall be made at the time of a mutually agreed trial date, by bank transfer
- Bride trial appointments are strictly bride only
- Post trial questionnaires must be received no later than 7 days after the trial to confirm you are happy to go ahead with the work your artist has created for you
- Failure to complete the post trial questionnaire within this time frame shall result in the booking being cancelled
- Additional bridal party appointments for trials will not be offered on the same day as the brides trial appointment, however can be booked in on a future date
- Subsequent re-trials are charged at the same rate
- Less than 24 hours notice must be given in all circumstances relating to rescheduling or cancelling of pre-arranged trial appointments.
- ‘No show’ on such appointments will result in any payments made in advance of the trial non-refundable to cover loss to CMA business earnings.
- The trial payment is to secure the date and time for the delivery of the assignment and the preparation time required to deliver the assignment.
- Pre payment will be required for future appointments booked with CMA
Parking + Travel Charges
- In circumstances when parking fees apply, the client will be required to cover the charges where CMA’s services are being conducted, for example hotel parking and meter parking
- Travel up to 15 miles from CMA or the artist’s home address is free of charge anything outside of this radius would incur a 0.45p per mile charge, maximum travel time of one hour from CMA or the artist’s home address
Please contact CMA prior to booking if there is limited or no parking available at your getting ready location. Due to the amount of heavy equipment, if CMA has not been made aware of this, CMA will not be held responsible for delays this could cause
Late Venue Entry Times/ Change of location fee
- In circumstances where your venue has a late entry time and artists are required to start in one location and finish in another we reserve the right to charge a change of location fee of £30.00 per artist to cover additional time and travel
- It is the clients responsibility to book alternative accommodation close to the venue to accommodate CMA’s hair and makeup services
- No refunds shall be offered where time limits the amount of services we can provide which has been agreed upon acceptance of our quotation
- The Client agrees they are permitted a maximum of one final run-sheet alteration, any further changes are charged at £25.00 per amendment
The Client acknowledges that final veil fitting services are to be completed at the agreed artist (s) finish time for bride hair styling according to the run-sheet provided and no later.
- All correspondence shall be with CMA and shall be confirmed in written form, whether by e-mail or by letter
- It is the clients responsibly to make CMA aware of any known allergies or skin sensitivities that they or their bridal party may have prior to service
- CMA cannot be held liable for any losses or damage that is incurred due to the client’s failure to inform the artist of any known condition
- If the client or party requires a patch test for any products, this can be arranged for a small fee prior to a trial run
- It is the responsibility of the client to ensure all members of the bridal party are available at their, pre arranged, allocated times. No refund or compensation will be offered by CMA for delays caused by other wedding vendors, guests, or members of the bridal party
- If the booking is directly affected by circumstances beyond the control of CMA including but not limited to weather conditions or health and safety reasons, where possible CMA will endeavour to rectify such situations, however no compensation will be offered by CMA. It is strongly advised that you the client take out wedding or event insurance to cover you against these situations
- The client agrees that CMA may use any photography for publicity purposes which include the artist’s website and social media pages.
- CMA will not post photography before the clients wedding has started to avoid spoiling any surprises for guests of the event
- Any objections should be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notice of cancellation for the whole of the booking must be given to CMA at least one month prior to the date of the booking. If less than one month’s notice is given, any outstanding balance payable in relation to that booking shall be required to be made in full to CMA
- CMA reserves the right to refuse service to the client or members of the bridal party for, but not limited to, infectious conditions / abusive, rude and unreasonable behaviour
If you make the decision to cancel your booking, the following charges will apply.The percentages are the proportion of the total booking cost.– 12 weeks before the wedding 30%– 8 weeks before the wedding 40%– 6 weeks before the wedding 50%– 4 weeks before the wedding 100%In the unfortunate event you have to cancel your booking, cancellations need to be made within 3 months of the reserved date in order to avoid the cancellation fee.
If you decide to postpone your wedding to a future date, CMA will endeavour to transfer the booking across to the new date, subject to CMA’s availability
Should CMA already have an existing secured booking on such date, no refunds or compensation shall be offered – please refer to clause Payment
- If a postponement is mutually agreed, a 50% balance is due on the final balance of the booking
- In the unlikely event that your original artist is ill or cannot attend your booking we will find a replacement artist that can do the job to the same standard
- In the event CMA is unable to find a replacement artist the client will be provided a full refund of any fees paid
- All CMA artists receive continuous training to ensure that all artists are working to the highest of their abilities
Acceptance of terms and conditions
- Payment of any deposit to CMA indicates acceptance of the terms and conditions set out above
- Should failure of either party to perform its obligations under this Agreement under CMA shall not subject to claims of any such losses and reserves the right to retain the booking fee.
- CMA take’s your privacy seriously and are fully GDPR compliant. You have provided CMA with your contact details so that CMA can correspond with you about your wedding hair or makeup as agreed. CMA will only use your personal information to administer your booking and to provide the services you have requested from CMA. CMA will not pass on or sell your details to any other organisation.